FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RDM earnings for UA tickets / UA operated flights - based on spend (PQD, now PQPs)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:04 pm
mduell
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ehplam
I just booked a r/t flight from SF to HK on UA before I realized the ramifications of the new mileage program changes. I'm getting a measly
6,776 Award Miles for that trip. Next flight will be on an airline that will reward me for the "here and now".
OTOH you paid about 6 cents a mile for them to transport you from SFO to HKG and back.

If some airline wants to lavish on you a free domestic RT in exchange for that, you should fly them as much as you can.

Or on UA you're welcome to buy up to whatever fare you'd like that delivers the miles you're looking for.

Originally Posted by JamesWC_NJ
For international fliers, it is disconcerting to see that the 'international surcharge' is not counted towards the PQD.

My Newark to Manila ticket is $1,196 fare plus $446 taxes (of which $326 is the international surcharge). The PQD calculated is $1,198.

United says the PQD should the fare plus any carrier-imposed surcharges. How does one definite 'international surcharge?' In the past, a carrier would argued the surcharge was to cover higher fuel costs or foreign expenses. Has anyone tried to reach out to United about this?
The PQD calculator is broken. Just as the mileage calculator on the itineraries has historically been broken. Just like the upgrade-eligibility system is broken. None of these web display systems have any connection to the reality of eligibility/crediting.

Originally Posted by boat9781
How do we book specialty tickets? Thanks!
Contact your travel agent.