FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how strict is on easyjet on hand baggage size?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:17 pm
itsme

Programs: united airlines
"Hold" luggage

Originally Posted by Mizter T
The fees can be seen on this page, under the Hold luggage fee (at airport) heading.
Versions of English other than "American" can confuse me at times, and EasyJet's explanation of luggage charges very much does, though at first glance it seems simple and straightforward enough.

One always pays for "checked" bags, or what they call "hold" luggage, the only exception being a bag that is within the size limits they allow for "carry-on" but which the plane is too full to accommodate and thus must be stowed below? So if the bag weighed only 10kg for it to go as ?"hold" luggage, one would pay a fee? The fee for "hold" bags up to 20kg will vary according to the flight, and there will be a per kg surcharge between 20kg and the maximum allowed 32kg? Can one see that base charge for the first 20kg somewhere on the website?

Thanks for any help. I do feel a bit foolish asking this, but the way they explain it really throws me.