FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:28 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by chfenton
So our family of four recently received paper vouchers for a cancelled trip. I have read the FAQ's and understand that I can use multiple vouchers towards one future ticket. My question is with respect to the voucher holder being present either in person or on the phone to apply to another persons ticket.

If I wanted to use my voucher and my 9 year old sons voucher towards one future ticket just for me-do they really need to talk or see the 9 year old? Especially since I purchased all 4 of our original tickets one single credit card in my name as well? Any experiences? Thanks.
Last year I bought tickets to Hawaii under one PNR for three people: Me, MrQ and a German friend. Our return flight was delayed a day. Upon return, we all three asked for some compensation. AA send e-vouchers to me and MrQ, living in the USA. They sent a paper voucher to the German guy.

I have now bought three new tickets under one PNR for the same three people and applied the German guy's paper voucher. They said there would be "no problem", and I was instructed to send the paper voucher to the address in Florida. It was me that phoned in to move the tickets from "Hold" to "Purchased" with my credit card, and to apply the paper voucher.

That was in January for a March 23 flight.

The ticket status was "Unknown" through the rest of January and the first part of February. On Feb 16, the status changed to "Ticket Pending" and today, March 10, it is still "Ticket Pending". I have called several times, and always get the same answer.

"They have received your voucher in the mail, but are behind in processing the paperwork. Just be patient. It should be just a few more days."

In answer to your question, I don't think they will require the 9-year old to be present in order to process the voucher. They did not require my German friend to get on the phone or anything like that.

My next question, for anyone who knows: Is it normal for the ticketing process for paper vouchers to be SO DARN LONG? We are less than two weeks away from departure and I still don't have a ticket number.

PS: Why would anyone in their right mind accept a paper voucher for VDB or anything else if redeeming it is such a hassle?

ETA: We are finally Ticketed. They did it yesterday 3/10/15 and I saw it last night.

Last edited by QueenOfCoach; Mar 11, 2015 at 6:58 am