FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:45 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Just a quick update with my situation. I called the Tremont Chicago, inquiring why my upgrade had cleared when the Plat Desk confirmed availability of the "Junior King Suite" which is the suite designated for these awards. The first agent at the hotel gave the "subject to availability" to me. I said I was under the understanding that these rooms were available. She checked with her manager and I was instantly confirmed.

Oddly, my SNA's still show as pending, so perhaps they just pre-upgraded me rather than using the SNAs? Either way, I'll take it. Just a little annoyed I had to spend time calling the plat desk and then that the plat desk made me reach out to the hotel to make the case.
The Lurkers have offered to look into situations with SNAs. Send them a PM or email with your reservation info and let them see if something was missed.

I'm sure the "subject to availability" was among the first words spoken. This is always a red flag to me. If they don't take the time to look, they are probably making up an excuse to get you to go away. Only by pushing these issues will the problems get attention and hopefully resolved.