FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:04 pm
jer

Location: My childhood was typical: Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons.
This thread has me worried. My wife and I are scheduled for an interview at ATL in two weeks on our return from a trip to Peru. My wife is squeaky clean, but I have two minor scrapes with the law from long ago ... never a conviction, but enough to now be nervous:

In 1987 or 88 I was in my car with four other college friends when we were pulled over in Nevada on our way to Colorado from Calif. The driver had a small amount of weed and we were all hauled off to jail. The next day three of us were released and never charged, but the driver was later convicted and spent a few months in the clink. In retrospect, given that we were traveling across state lines, it seems like I might be guilty by association with a trafficking charge in the eyes of CPB. I will be totally honest about the incident, but wonder if anyone has any thoughts about how to handle it.

A year later, still in college, I was arrested for driving on a suspended license that I did not know was suspended. This was in Kansas, and when I hitchhiked back to court a few months later from Colorado, the court clerk told me there was no case and that was the last I ever heard of it. I don't know why, but did not complain.

Now I do some consulting for various US Govt agencies, including stints in Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, and a few other countries with less than stellar track records.

So I worry these two incidents, combined with some odd passport stamps, might set of alarm bells. Any thoughts?

Last edited by jer; Mar 9, 2015 at 6:22 pm