FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:23 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
usAir created a thread wiki to hold the entire contents of the Airline Route Mapper data file. I've just edited it to remove that data, so should explain why. I appreciate usAir's initiative, but don't think the wiki in that form was a step forward.

1.) The data file is IMO much too large to post in this location. Some (if not all) browsers load the entire wiki each time the thread is accessed. That had the effect of killing my browser for two to three minutes, then slowing my computer dramatically (and my setup, while not especially good, isn't the world's worst: DSL connection, latest Firefox version, 8GB RAM).

2.) The data initially posted were old ("from the last version of the airline route mapper", according to usAir's post on March 9 2015) and easily accessible (download Link: http://arm.64hosts.com/AirlineRouteMapper.zip), so nothing is lost by removing them from the wiki.

Obviously people can disagree, but please don't just revert back to the earlier (full) wiki without waiting a while for others to express their preferences.