FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards devaluation coming April 17, 2015
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:10 pm
hbouta

What does this mean for us amateurs?

Hi all,

Sorry if something like this has been answered or linked to upthread, in which case I missed it looking through. I'm curious as to how this devaluation will/might work in terms relative to other FF/CC programs.

More specifically: I'm a small-time FTer -- not a lot of travel, no concerns or ambitions towards status, mostly trying to earn a few free flights a year through credit card use. I tend to switch back and forth between a WN Visa and a Delta Amex, depending on how many miles I have in each account, what's closer to hitting a threshold for a ticket, etc. Started with Delta about a decade ago, then switched to WN because of airport convenience (Newark), but I've been split of late. So is there a way to compare the relative value of a Southwest mile earned on CC vs. a Delta one, either now or when this valuation actually changes? All other allegiances, etc., aside, where would I be better off putting my money? FWIW, both of my cards are 1 mile per dollar, and I tend to spend about 34K total a month...

Grateful for any replies, links, explanations, etc...