FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which pre-paid SIM card to buy?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:11 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"is this the only ones the TrueMoveH kiosk is offering at the airport now?"

My best guess is that all three major service provider's (AIS, DTAC, TrueMove H) store-fronts at SBIA/BKK (level 2, outside of Customs) will try to steer most customers towards the "tourist/traveler" SIMs. No idea if you could get a more "standard" SIM at one of these airport shops? You may not be able to get 4G/LTE (from DTAC or TrueMove H, where available) with a tourist SIM, but you'll have to review the T's & C's for detail on that.

I think any of these tourist SIMs can be subsequently topped up, and any available pre-paid promotion could be applied, once you've used up your allotment. Other than the inital allotment(s) and some limited expiry these are, at least based on my cursory review, more or less like just about any other SIM.

Given the potential added service time which registration will involve, the queues at the airport might take even longer. You could of course buy a SIM at one of the billion or so shops anywhere in the Kingdom.

All SIMs are supposed to be registered by 31 July 2015, so there may not necessarily be an absolute requirement for registration as of today. As with all things here, YMMV.