FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RDM earnings for UA tickets / UA operated flights - based on spend (PQD, now PQPs)
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:09 pm
tomsundstrom

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JBord
Yeah, this is the biggest miss. The only real advantage to Platinum now is boarding group and maybe the 2 RPUs. I was close enough to consider it this year, but chose not to as I didn't see the benefit.
Agreed about feeling that the 9x is too low. For me, with 3 other family members, the free award changes and E+ for my family have really come in handy. But I recognize that my usage is different from others. A single friend was recently asking me about the $500 buy up offer she had from gold to platinum was worth it, and I told her absolutely not. For me, though the decision would not have been so clearcut.

I'm one of those who is not leaving United as I did a few years ago, when I escaped to CO (jokes on me). This is pretty much only because of the specific route that I need to fly, and not out of any sense of loyalty. Still, my experiences have been consistently positive over the last couple of years. Hopefully, that will continue.