FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:38 am
transportprof

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Genesis321
I hope I am posting into the right thread: we (party of 4) were originally booked on UA1273 SFO-OGG departing 11am. Now we were rebooked on UA1275 departing 0930am.

I would like to remain on UA1273 with its new departure time 1255pm.

We were booked in P class and on UA1273 are only 3 seats left in P class - will they rebook us to UA1273 without any trouble?? Why did United rebook our party of 4 when the original flight number still exist? Is this usual?
I have had auto-rebookings with P fares where I got pushed to an inconvenient flight due to cancellation, and succeeded in getting rebooked to a flight with a better timing by calling in. Just as long as there is space in the front cabin, the agent should be able to rebook, although it could take a supervisor.

As to why United does certain things, it's better for one's mental health not to dwell on such matters. There is often no sane reasoning that could lead you to the same conclusion they reached.