FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:00 am
Tog Esu

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
If I were in that situation, I'd do a fare search with the appropriate travel and ticketing dates and the appropriate fare class. That should narrow it down to 3 or 4 fares, after which you can compare the cost listed with the fare against what you actually paid. Do note that there might be a slight mismatch; it has something to do with how taxes are displayed on the receipt versus the filed fare (I'm sure there's someone else here who can explain that much better than I).

Thanks, I did go through that process before posting and thought I'd shoot for finding the basis code instead since the numbers didn't match up exactly. Appreciate your reply re the way the taxes are displayed. That clears it up a bit, still would like to dial it in if anyone has any further info. I noticed if you go on their site and select flights they use nice round numbers like those displayed on EF fare page. They then display the tax and fee below it. Still had trouble matching up. I did see on an old receipt where ticket price was x dollars plus change, no whole numbers like on the site.

Went through an exercise where I went on site to book new reservation, gave me a price say 498 even plus tax/fee total~564. I noted fare class for each segment. Went on EF and couldn't find fare matches based on those fare classes for either the 498 and 564 totals. Was close, but say ~$20-$30 off.

Just trying to educate myself for future travel.

Thanks!!!

PS Edit- I think I just figured out how to back out the taxes/fees to get the listed fare. Verifying my numbers now.

Last edited by Tog Esu; Mar 6, 2015 at 10:29 am