FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PEK to intown hotel: transfer options
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:48 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Efrem
I am normally suspicious of people who make this sort of suggestion, as I am used to pranksters who tell me how to say "Kick me very hard" while claiming that I would be saying "Where is the nearest toilet?" FlyerTalkers, though, are more credible than most of my friends.

However, how can I practice saying this? I don't know how, and I don't see a link to an audio recording. My translation software says the first part means "Jiali core" and the second part means "hotel," so I believe they would be useful words to say, but how do they sound?

(At the BOS Admiral's Club awaiting our flight to ORD. We're first and second on the upgrade list, but nothing confirmed yet ...)
"Jiali" puts you on the right track, but "core" is obviously English.

Why not just use Google Translate (the Chinese pane should spell everything out for you, including audio)?

Anyway, jiali zhongxin (all first tone except for the "li"... say it fast and nobody will notice) should get the job done (I'm guessing the driver will be smart enough to bring you to the hotel instead of the office building on a Saturday evening even if you don't specify such).