FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:40 am
broganl

Programs: TK*S
Hi there,

Is there any way to 'force' the on-line check-in site to actually reflect the *A status? I'm having yet another 17h+ flight to the US where my *A Gold status is not recognized during checkin which is quite frustrating.
I have called the reservation number, they confirmed it is in the system and that they see as *G however I've been told that they can only assign seats 48h prior to checkin.
In other words, they can't do anything about it.
With ~24h before departure I'm left with the on-line check-in which simply ignores it no matter what I've tried (check-in, check-out, re-add the number, same thing).

As I've seen from experience and as the check-in counter agents confirmed, having *G in the system means access to better seats and priority boarding which on 12h+ flights do make a big difference. Sometimes the same agent can change the status correctly, but more often than not, she simply says it can't be done despite showing the card.

I'm not asking for anything special, just for my status to be recognized as it should.
I realize that sometimes things don't work but when the fail 4 out 5 times, it becomes the rule.

I like LH hence why I try to use it whenever possible, however ignoring a passenger *G status is unacceptable and it really ticks me off.