FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:34 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Cradders
To me this is what demonstrates the difference between a good accountant and a bad accountant. One will just focus on what the balance sheet, P&L, etc show in order to justify expenditure, one will have a clear understanding of the businesses intended market position and adjust their thinking to ensuring that this is at the centre of financial decisions.

In fairness though, this ethos has to be instilled from above... Plus, critically in BA's, I suspect, the market position has to be clear in the first place.
Without this the only possible policy for increasing profit is going to be continual cuts until something extreme enough happens to illustrate this tactic is failing.
Good CUSTOMER centric posts lately.

Story comes to mind ; Candiddates were being interviewd for an accountant"s job. Several answered what is 2+2= 4.... The one who got the job had replied " Boss, what would you like it to be ?"

THat is why senior managers should have been rotated thru various departments including a major stint requiring CUSTOMER interface. Again, the outside directors or others in the company should have the backbone to demand that seniors travel exactly like most of their fare paying (read their paycheck paying) pax travel. I do remember reading about some CEOs including Sir Richard Branson joining their CUSTOMERS .

Last edited by HMPS; Mar 5, 2015 at 3:40 pm