FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:14 pm
akcae

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had a two hour schedule change a couple weeks ago for a summer TATL trip. I noticed it on the itinerary but did not do anything to accept it. Yet somehow the change notice no longer shows on the itinerary so it looks like someone at DL "cleared"/accepted it for me without asking or telling me. In addition, I never received an email about the change.

So far the new time is sticking, but the episode is making me wonder whether DL is thinking about changing the schedule back to what it was or knows that there will be further schedule changes for the flight.
I had this happen on a trip a year-and-a-half ago, CLT-DTW-CDG-BEG. The CDG-BEG (AF codeshare with JU) changed from mid-day to late-evening departure, schedule change by almost 7hrs. I didn't touch the itinerary nor "accept" changes while I researched alternatives. After a couple of days, it all went green as if I had accepted it!

Originally Posted by CMK10
FWIW I've had a lot of these schedule changes the last few months. Delta has always been happy to accommodate me on alternate flights when I call. I do wish the online change flight tool would work though, but I'll take what I can get.
I've usually not had an issue, but it gets tricky with partner flights. The above-mentioned schedule change was not even a real partner -- it was an AF codeshare on a non-alliance/non-partner carrier. AF had no flights into BEG, and only ST carrier that does is AZ, via FCO. DL refused to put me on the connecting legs, even tho it'd have gotten me to BEG close to the original schedule, saying AZ flights didn't have same fare class available.

Ultimately, I turned the lemons of an extended layover into a lemonade of a day excursion into Paris with my 6-yr old (went up the Eiffel Tower and to the Jardin des Tuilleries all the way to the Louvre, plus some tasty street food treats).