FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:09 am
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked regular luxury room and received the same; no upgrade

- How are the rooms? As many have noted, the rooms are nice but this time, not only did I not receive an upgrade, the room was close to the elevators and there was a lot of hallway noise. A fellow also occupied the Imperial Suite next to my room and he was very noisy, including at 2am.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: Location, great lounge, and nice amenities overall.
Bad: The lack of an upgrade was disappointing. I arrived after midnight and noted the lack of an upgrade but was too tired to return to the front desk. I think this is the 3rd time in a row no upgrade has been given. I mentioned this the next day and the suggested solution was to book my next stay with them directly (not online). I could have escalated this with a manager but chose not to. Next time, I'll be more proactive with this hotel.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, the drinks were good, the snacks were acceptable, and service was overall good but one night, they were clearly understaffed. Only ate breakfast in the lounge once and it was better than during my last visit, with more hot food offerings by order.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
One welcome drink coupon was provided, and a fresh orchid and a cheese plate were in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes despite this being my worst experience there to date. It seems like since there was a change to the GM, they don't give room upgrades or at least they are hard to obtain. Advice to platinums is to request a room upgrade in advance of your arrival and hope that request is considered.