FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:39 pm
FSG378

Originally Posted by Hecta
It just may be easier for them to see the repeated $1000, $1000, $500 loads if they are searching for customers abusing the system. Although people loading $856.78 + $724.92 +$918.30 (for example) may take longer to find for Amex, the fact is that they're still loading $2,500 total and most likely $5,000 for the month. I think it depends more on the rapid unloading of the card. I will start loading and then unloading after waiting some time in different amounts and hopefully won't get shutdown.
Originally Posted by larsok
I agree with the rapid unloading.

When you think about how they can possibly make money with this product (I can't really figure out how as it is so easy to abuse), their plan must be for people to carry a balance, visit Target stores more often and increase their spend at Target.
People who load the card and immediately drain it without spending anything at Target certainly do not create any profit.
So my guess would be that it is all about how you spend/drain not how you fund.
I agrees. I survived the massacre of Amex Blue Cash, & gobank. I have my OBC over one year, 18 months for my gobank and they are still alive. One of the reason is I don't overdo it. Amex want to make some profit, so does gobank. If you just load and unload, it is just a burden to Amex. I charged OBC about 3K each month and not over spend, I put about $4K to gobank each month but kept about $2000 average anytime to let gobank make some profit.