FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:22 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For the most part yes.
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
No room upgrade just given standard. Was on China Southern account for stop-over.

- How are the rooms?
Quite good. Was slightly below what a Pullman should be but for an over night it was perfectly fine.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Grand looking lobby.
Allowed to use lounge eventually.
Free wifi for all customers.

Bad:
While not claiming for points as it was the airline that booked the room both times so completely understood that. I did expect to get the other benefits at least some. Both times they looked at my card number and counted to the 7th digit which is a 2 which they said meant I was a silver member not a platinum member. I stood my ground and again showed my card and said look again and had to go up to the business centre to show them that I was still indeed a platinum member online.

Then 1 week later 2nd time I was at the hotel I was told I was only allowed to bring myself to the lounge even though the room is for 2 people (2 double beds) and my mother was staying with me this time.
I said i was going to have breakfast with her nothing would stop me. Thankfully the staff member in the morning was the girl I had seen just a week before she remembered me and was lovely. She really impressed my mother with the service getting her anything she wanted for breakfast. Even my mother was asking me how can she can get the plat membership for herself. Still it was quite frustrating overall.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, lounge was really good. Breakfast was just enough for those who didnt want to have massive amounts to eat. Evening canapes and snack were also very good. Staff for the most part were good.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Lounge access only.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes considering the airline paid for it as part of the plane ticket.