FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skipped Over for / Lost Upgrade: "Late to Gate", Upgrades Already Processed
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:34 am
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
This is ridiculous. AA has an upgrade priority and they should stick to it. Period. If a pax doesn't collect the new BP when his name is announced, then give it to him when he tries to board with his old BP. Assuming he hasn't already refreshed his mobile BP. There's NO REASON this should have happened to the OP, since my understanding is he presented himself for boarding before the cutoff.
Preaching to the choir. Yes, it's ridiculous, but Flyertalk serves two purposes. It gives people a place to vent their spleen and argue about about what the rules should be and it's a place for frequent flyers to learn the way things actually happen.

I've posted before that savvy frequent flyers are best served by reading Flyertalk in advance (before they act) and learning the way things are and, of course, discussing how things could be improved. I call it defensive flying - knowing the ins and outs of the system so that I don't start threads where I complain that my upgrade didn't happen because I didn't know how the system worked.