FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:25 am
eajusa

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrLee
Is it unrealistic to think that they should at least put a notice on the main page? I mean the whole site isn't down so surely a little note could be added to say they're looking into it, etc?
That is the crux of the issue here. Hilton has a communication problem. Why let your loyal customers needlessly panic?

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
...and now without the app to show my next OLCI, I can't remember which hotel I'm supposed to be driving to tonight! #SlightlyInconvenient

In your case, if you call Hilton's main CS line, they can tell you whatever you need to know. All the info is backed up, otherwise we all we be screwed.

Originally Posted by stargold
Thinking logically, if someone had hacked the account and transferred to miles or redeemed for rooms, it would be very unusual to be left with zero, because redemptions are priced in 000's so you will always have a little bit left over (unless somehow you had achieved a round number by accident).

So I would be more worried if it said, say, 328 instead of 80,328, rather than if it said zero.
You hit the nail on the head. When it says "0", its an IT issue every time.

Last edited by eajusa; Mar 4, 2015 at 8:41 am