FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco Shopping
Thread: Costco Shopping
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:00 pm
zippy the pinhead

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
I'd be buying sauces and seasonings. And different kinds of chips. To be honest, after living here three years, I really enjoy Korean food and rarely miss anything from the US. That being said, when I go back to visit, the grocery store is both awesome and overwhelming. Also, the proliferation of these foreign food stores selling EVERYTHING means that only the truly unique, niche American stuff is left back at home.

In my old town, a suburb one hour south, I can go by Flinstone Gummies, blue cheese dressing, Fun Dip, Tums and ranch seasoning. Obscure, but it's there.

A lot of people also use iherb.com
The wife heard from a friend that instant mac & cheese can't be found at eMart, and additionally that the pancake batter-- an easy staple for two boys-- is best purchased here (stateside).

Regarding sauces and seasoning, I did send some carne asada seasoning to a friend in Seoul. Part of a care package, if you will.

I'll be curious to see.

For me personally, I need to search out some good locations for buying craft IPA in Seoul. I can't get to any PX, so I need to find civilian-accessible sources. I would even be happy with SNPA in a pinch.