FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8 Days in South Africa: Garden Route + Addo or Kruger?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:46 am
LUGlodo

Programs: LX SEN
Since I started this thread, I thought about giving a brief summary of our 10 days in South Africa:

4 days in Cape Town
1 Night in Swellendam: De Kloof Luxury Estate - Excellent guesthouse
1 Night at Oubaai Golf Hotel
2 Nights in Plettenberg: The Plettenberg Hotel - can't beat the location and service. Luxury Garden Rooms have best value for money.
2 Nights at Amahkala Game Reserve - Bush Lodge: http://www.amakhala.co.za/lodges/2-bush-lodge

About the Safari:
Amahkala is a very large Private Game Reserve only 45 minutes from Port Elizabeth airport along the N2 highway. Bush Lodge is one of the two 5 stars accommodations and while it probably does not get to the luxury of Singita it also comes at one third of the price. We had our own very knowledgeable and fun ranger for the entire stay and got to see all big 5 and then some. I would recommend Amahkala and especially the Bush Lodge for all those looking for an "easy" Safari experience at the end of the Garden Route and for those looking for a very good quality accommodation at a fraction of the price of the most famous locations around Krugar.