FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:51 pm
rgee

Programs: LH*S (LX), TK*G
Dear Lurkers,

I am planning to travel on a Business award ZRH-NYC and back in the coming days and the plans are a bit hectic (as always). Therefore I have a couple of questions.

I would travel on full-fare, non saver award (so ZRH-NYC is 105000 miles +~500 CHF fees).

According to the web terms&conditions I can even buy this online on LX the same day as the departure. Is this true? The FTL hotline just said to me that even if there is availability for tomorrow today, they won't ticket that for me, as I need 2 working days at least, not one.

Also, if I cancel this ticket, then what can I get back? I understand that I definitely get back the miles, but can I get back the "international surcharge" fee? According to the terms YQ is not refundable, but I don't know if this is YQ or not. The phone guy said that it's 70 CHF flat rate and I get back everything beyond the 70 CHF, but I want to be sure!

Also, if I wanna cancel, then until when can I cancel on the same day as the departure? Do I have to call or can I cancel on the web by pushing buttons?

Final question: is there a free award cancellation within 24 hours of web-booking? A webpage (http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...fthansa-award/) says there is, but they may refer to an old terms and conditions.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies,
Gergely

Last edited by rgee; Mar 2, 2015 at 4:57 pm