FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report: Trump Chicago
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:33 pm
pricesquire
Suspended

At the Trump now. I know this is an old thread but it's on point [no reason to create a new thread]....

Initial observations: solid hotel but it screams 'business stay'...I'd be hard-pressed to recommend this place for someone coming to Chicago on vacation. Fine for a quick trip, as the location is on-point, but I'm left scratching my head a bit about all the 'luxury' comments/tags I've been seeing about this place. The plastic/vinyl shower curtain is a no-go as far as I'm concerned. The bedding reminds is 100% Hilton-esque. Worst hotel sleep I've had in awhile [maybe I'm getting spoiled].

I will say the service is really good, as is the food [so far]. The 2 Michelin star restaurant in-house is also a welcome addition!

Worth noting that the Sofitel, Waldorf, Trump, Langham, Ritz-Carlton, FS, Park Hyatt, etc --> are ALL within 1.1 miles of each other. So, location on all of them is a wash...

Long story short, I'm not really understanding the "hard product is stunning" line of thinking....maybe it was a mistake booking a "spa level room"??

One more thing [sorry, this is kind of rambling]: the spa has a lot of potential, but sheesh, it was DIRTY. Dirty is in all caps for a reason. The steam room had four towels balled up in a corner and cups that had been sitting in there so long they started melting. The steam room, while a good temperature, really smelled bad. The sauna wasn't even hot. And, to make matters weirder, there were some people who [for lack of a better term: didn't look like they belonged] trying the combo locks on ever locker in the room!

Last edited by pricesquire; Mar 2, 2015 at 4:40 pm