FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed, Voting Over: Restructuring of the Car Rental Forums
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:19 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I think programs that regularly reward flyer miles and bonuses to renters should have a named presence, and I would also recommend combining board titles based on ownership (such as Avis/Budget). Maybe there won't be as big as thread count for the "smaller" brand, but removing it by name entirely seems a bit tough especially when it is shared fleet at most of these locations. I don't think that would be negative for posters either as the thread volume isn't that significant as a whole.

Avis Budget Group might be more appropriate as Payless is now part of that (awarding WN points).

I think Hertz and ERAC companies also have many portfolio brands that should be posted within those family forums. Only through outside brands (Fox, Silvercar, etc.) belong in the general forums.

I actually think it is worse to move the related brands into a General Forum as many of the policy changes (gas refuel charges, grace windows, fees, etc.) are done across the brands for a particular company.

Rasheed