FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:57 pm
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Thinking about spending a few days in NYC with the family (kids around 11/12) at xmas time. They have never been there. Thinking Time Square area to be central to tourist crap. W Times Square has good prices for both rooms and one bedroom suite. Anybody have good/bad experiences there to share? Better Starwood property to try in similar price range? I have low status with Starwood so not worried about upgrades. Plat with Marriott but I am sort of done with them.
It's a great hotel for ADULTS, not preteens, so I would recommend it for a hip married couple (gay or straight) or two singles. But don't bring along the kids. The best parts of the experience are the low lighting, modern furnishings, the Living Room Bar (which opens at 11am), and the upgrades to a suite (available only if you are SPG Platinum).

If you are "low status" as you say, don't expect anything close to an upgrade; you won't get one at Starwood unless you pay for it. A better Starwood hotel for families and also nearby is the Sheraton Times Square New York.

Last edited by DCBob; Mar 2, 2015 at 2:37 pm