FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:13 pm
traveller42

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
When comparing BA and EasyJet, previously I would have compared the HBO price against the EasyJet price with the addition of the EasyJet minimum seat selection fee. I would take BA even if it was a little more than EasyJet because of the better hand luggage policy on BA, because of lounge access and because of a small amount of brand loyalty after almost 20 years of flying with them.

After this change, I will compare the BA price with hand luggage (i.e. a larger number than before) with the EasyJet price plus the slightly higher seat selection fee needed to trigger the 2nd piece of hand luggage. I expect to take whichever is cheaper. The BA advantage of hand luggage has been addressed by EasyJet. This change kills the small amount of brand loyalty stone dead. Lounge access goes away when I drop out of Silver in a few months.