FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:25 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Well I don't fly ryanair tickets, despite often travelling HBO, so I couldn't give a stuff. However will this affect me - by pre-allocating seats for HBOs it means fewer seats for those of us who book the expensive tickets last minute. If these seats are all along the lines of 17E, that's great, a genuine improvement ^^^^ -- more seats in the front rows and exit rows for those that pay the most.
Enjoy. You can also look forward to fewer frequencies or higher fares as HBO becomes a less attractive proposition and a proportion of passengers switch to competitors, reducing the sustainability of BA schedule or pushing them to further lower HBO fares at the expense of those already "expensive tickets" to ensure drive bookings back up.

Originally Posted by paulwuk
So, yes, all good ^

If only BA hadn't decimated the exec club last month.
I know. It is also sadly comical how the oldest trick in the trade, "divide and conquer", never fails to perform.