FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - interesting security story: flew flight but not on passenger list...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:53 am
KrnGrs

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
interesting security story: flew flight but not on passenger list...

So I finally have an interesting experience to share here: I am in NUE for business, came here with the KLM afternoon flight yesterday. As things went faster than expected, I tried to change my fully flexible ticket, our travel agency told me that according to KLM, I never took my outbound flight: they checked the passenger manifest twice and I was not on it though I can assure you I was, sitting in 17A, munching on my cheesy snacks. Actually, they even had my bag labeled for gate check (but I managed to take it on the plane anyway). Aside from the fact that I now have to spend the better part of the afternoon at the airport trying to get things sorted (I am booked on this evening's flight but I have to pick it up at the airport desk) and the ridicolous pain it will be to get my miles (it was a last minute booking in fare class B, so they will give me those miles!!!) It is a rather big security lapse if you ask me.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited by KrnGrs; Mar 2, 2015 at 7:39 am