FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long standing loyalty taken for granted
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:34 am
GSunitedloyal

Originally Posted by motionguy
Hello All:

Sorry I'm here to rant about Delta not caring about it's long term medallion members.

Last year I ended up with 57 segments, of course three shy of gold elite. I actually did try a segment run back on 12/16/14. LAN-DTW-IAD and back on same day (depart LAN 3:09pm, return to LAN 10:25pm). However, the initial outbound flight was delayed, delayed, and finally delayed (due to mechanical issue) enough that I couldn't make my connection and would be stuck in IAD overnight.

The very nice Medallion desk agent searched high and low to find something for me to earn at least three segments, but couldn't. So she voided my ticket and returned the fare to my credit card.

By that late in the year I had no other business travel requirements and couldn't find anything reasonable to do the segment run. I figured that my membership in their skymiles (Northwest WorldPerks) since 1991, being gold or platinum for 15 years straight, having their credit card, and being a member of their skyclub might get them to consider gifting me three segments and allowing me to remain Gold for 2015.

I was mistaken!

I tried three different times pleading for their mercy. They claim that the do not take my long-standing loyalty for granted, but they do.

They've been making it more and more challenging to be loyal, at the beginning of 2014 they cancelled the FNT-DTW / DTW-FNT route that I was quite often on. I went out of my to travel from LAN, MBS, and sometimes DTW to keep flying Delta. That is what ultimately cost me, the flights out of DTW cost me two segments for most trips.

United (recently starting flying out of FNT) has offered to match my status with their challenge program. I've already flown or have scheduled 13 of 15 required segments in 90 days to make it. I just need to squeeze in one more trip between now and April.

Looks like Delta took my loyalty for granted one too many times!
Welcome to the good side!!!