FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Kuala Lumpur [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:33 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur [Master Thread]

Stayed at the hotel for 9 nights during Chinese New Year period.

We took Star Shuttle from the airport to the hotel - total cost RM 60 for 2 adults and 3 kids. We took the coach to somewhere in the city, and then change to a small van.

On the way back we took a Van arranged by the hotel that costs us RM 151.

You need to walk at least 10 minutes to get to anything. There is a monorail stop about 3 minutes from the hotel, also the free GO bus stop 5 minutes from the hotel that will bring you to the city center area (catch it outside hotel concorde - It's easier since there are 2 lines that stop there so you don't have to wait so long for the bus).

Petrona Towers is about 10-15 minutes walk.

The room:
We got a pre-upgrade to a suite which is awesome. The hotel is divided into west and east wings and the east wing is more for people on business while the west wing is more children friendly- all the kids haters are in another building so everyone is pleased!. Our suite is like size of 2 rooms and the west wing will be renovated in Apr (East wing renovation is done).

You can only go to the lounge in the tower you stay at, i.e. east wing, east wing lounge.

The suite was very dated and there was some issues with the toilet, our first suite had strong smell of mildews. We mentioned it after a staff at the lounge asked about our stay, and we moved to another suite which was better.

The lounge:
E+1 is not enforced - and children are welcome. The quality of the F&B is not that good - it looks good but it doesn't taste good. Here's some examples:

The fruit juice is not 100% juice;
The salmon wellington is not thoroughly baked - the lower part of the puff pastry is raw;
The French speaking guests were not taking any desserts - you know why.

As elite you can either eat breakfast at the lounge or restaurant - at the moment only Temptation is open and IMO it's overpacked and the food quality again is poor - we normally just head to the lounge to grab some fruit.

So I'd skip it and go out to eat!

The staff there are great - as long as you can live with Malaysian efficiency. My PAG (6 satay sticks)was ordered at 9:15pm and it didn't arrive until after 10:30pm and the it was cold! I called and waited until 11:15pm I brought it to the lounge and told them to credit me the 500 pts instead.

The pool is huge - I didn't go into the water but the kids loved it - they said they don't feel cold when they get out of the water.

Will I go back again- certainly!

Last edited by nacho; Mar 2, 2015 at 6:57 am