FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Diamond Status for a Diamond's Spouse
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:55 am
stargold

Originally Posted by RTW1
Most properties are pretty good at merging different adjacent reservations if they have the availability for whatever room type you have or they are willing to give you. Not much need to not get your keys for the duration of the stay.

But I've had to change a few times when I had different room types booked in peak periods. So it all depends.
I'm pretty sure that two people alternating nights on two separate GP accounts and payment details is a very different process to one person who has a series of reservations all under one name.

Whereas hotels can often link the reservations into one if they are all in one person's name, I don't think you can do the same if the next night is under a different name (unless you change the name, which will defeat the purpose of the exercise).

So the hotel will have to process an entire check-out and check-in process each day. Not only a pain in the *** for the reception staff, but also a higher chance of having to change rooms unless hotel is kinder than it needs to be.