FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skipped Over for / Lost Upgrade: "Late to Gate", Upgrades Already Processed
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:37 pm
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by glostik
Considering that I made it very clear to the check-in agent about my disability and if the GA has proper training she would know that if one person is on the upgrade list on the same PNR as other guests, its because it was a specifically requested. You cannot upgrade one person on multi person PNR without speaking to an agent in person.

<redacted> You state you were denied an upgrade for a "disability" This suggests that AA knowingly broke the ADA. If this is the case, then by all means you should pursue it.

However, the facts as you state them sound as if you were late to the gate b/c of an ankle injury. Why not ask for assistance to the gate when you checked in?

As for the injury being easier to deal w/if you had been seated in F. In 2014 I broke my foot and indeed sitting in F made travel easier so I paid to sit in F rather than risking my health/suffering discomfort.

Last edited by Microwave; Mar 3, 2015 at 2:24 am Reason: Removed quote of and reply to deleted content