FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Hotel Fee" Line Item on Priceline Confirmation Screen
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:28 pm
B1

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I'd guess you need to call or chat with PL to make sure.
I just did a successful bid on a hotel that has a resort fee. Priceline lists it as a cost (hotel fee) but does not charge it. The statement I had from Priceline is confusing. It has the total amount without the hotel fee listed as "charges" but it also lists the total with the hotel fee as "paid in full". So I called Priceline and was told that the "paid in full" is not correct. I still owe the hotel $100 for four nights at $25. Now, to complicate things further, the hotel lists the fee as $29 per night. The hotel's site also has a rate that has the hotel fee included for less than the rate they list without the hotel fee. So I see the hotel is having a phony higher rate and hotel fee that no one would book and then they charge the fee if you don't book through their own site (Marriott.com). The same hotel charges a large fee for in-room wifi but if you book through their site (and are any level of Marriott Rewards), they waive the fee. This is another way they try to use Priceline to get customers and then make them want to regret that they did. Priceline needs to get some of their power working.