FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How great is HND?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:03 pm
BRITINJAPAN3

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I didn't get there early enough to stop at a food court, security was really backed up (though it moved pretty quickly), I don't know that I even really saw it. But I went from the lower level check-in immediately to the security line on the upper level.

I will say GMP looked better departing than arriving, the customs hall was really what stuck out to me as old/out dated. I did love the location though, easy to get to and easy to find your way into the city, though ICN looks about the same, just farther.

Wait wait...NRT has a monorail!? Gotta make sure I visit NRT at some point. I have to say both inbound and outbound immigration were incredibly fast at HND. Maybe my times were conducive to this, but I hardly waited at all in either direction. The only thing that slowed me down outbound was a group of tourists from East-Timor (or Timor-Leste, not sure which is official) were going through security and clearly hadn't done this many times, they all got stopped for metal or prohibited foods and such.
No there is no monorail at Narita, only HND.