FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:40 pm
JimC

Sofitel Rio Copacabana, late Feb 2015

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Rio Copacabana

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Luxury Room with twin beds and sea view. Received the same. Hotel "full" and could not accommodate any upgrade, not even the same room with king bed

- How are the rooms? Nice enough, but worn. Nicks on furniture, rusted shower head, front door wouldn't close properly without slamming. Expect to be disappointed somewhat with the rooms here!

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
-Service
-Breakfast. Although very crowded, food was constantly replenished
-Location cannot be beat
-Horse's Neck bar food and drinks
-Lounge had wine tasting although I didn't partake
-Late checkout given without issue

Bad:
-I didn't care for either pool. Not awful, just too small and crowded and murky water, although good service by attendants
-Spotty turndown service (only got once)
-Just not worth the price

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Reception printed a letter to show at the lounge. It's important to note that access is only allowed from noon to midnight so Platinums may not have breakfast here. Lounge was mostly empty with meager offerings of food after 7 pm. It was unclear until checkout whether drinks were complimentary since I was sometimes asked for my room number (they turned out to be complimentary). Lounge terrace overlooked apartments and roofs with a partial view of Dos Irmaos. Far better view from the normal bar and restaurant on floor E.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Same letter printed to show at lounge mentioned welcome drink at the Horse's Neck bar. Appeared to be good for any drink. A small 300 ml bottle of cachaça was provided in the room as a special gift on the 2nd day.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Probably would look for something else next time. Just not worth the price for me!

Last edited by JimC; Mar 2, 2015 at 6:29 am Reason: Forgot welcome gift note