FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Four Seasons Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:52 am
Pausanias

My experience last year pretty much tallies with Offerendum's excellent account of this hotel. I thought the food at Caprice, under the previous regime, didn't come close to *** standard and while one or two dishes in the Chinese restaurant were outstanding the overall experience and the rather stilted ambience wasn't quite what you want in a city like HK.

I did wear a jacket to both restaurants, but not a tie. I really don't know anywhere in the world these days, apart from some ridiculously snobby cruise lines, that people 'dress up' for. In London, the Ritz and, in Scotland, Inverlochy Castle still insists on ties, I think but they are the last bastions in this regard. At Caprice at the FSHK people tended to wear chinos and polo shirts and a painful expression when they got the bill. The best food at the FS was at breakfast and at the all-day restaurant at lobby level.

I agree with deathscar that the FS is a bit on the bland side of boring, decor wise, but the incredible service levels and general unstuffiness as well as the lack of rubberneckers make up for that.

PS: Offerendum clearly had some atrocious weather!