FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:55 pm
zehbra

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Beijing Sofitel Wanda

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Luxury (lowest) -> Luxury Room Club Sofitel

- How are the rooms?
Spacious enough, visibly not the newest, but nicely appointed (typical sofitel)

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Very friendly staff (credit card declined at check-in due to "dubious location" according to my bank (), wasn't a problem, just try again when sorted with bank)
- tasty macarons in room
- I always love sofitel-beds.
- lovely breakfast selection in the downstairs restaurant (didn't try the lounge-breakfast)

Bad:
- slightly confusing email exchange before the stay (asked for platinum benefits, was informed my number wasn't a valid card number.) -> wasn't an issue at check-in though.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, slightly meager food options, good drink options during cocktails.
Liked the desserts, didn't like the rest (either too dry due to aircon, or just inedible)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Macarons and fruit plate in room. Nothing else. (no welcome drinks, but those could be had in the lounge anyway; no personal letter or anything)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes, quite a bargain really for about 600 rmb on a flex-rate IMO.

On a general note: What do people think about being "upgraded" to a club sofitel room, which is basically same room-category that was originally booked, but with club access - which should be granted anyway due to status... seems like two-in-one for the hotel?
Not that I'm complaining per se, but I do wonder how this is handled at other chains (Accor is my only reference)