FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:43 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by UAgeek71
Flight 881 - ORD - NRT delayed by 3.5hours with 2 mechanicals, and IFE/Wifi was innop, once we did finally take off. Offered 50 dollars or 2500miles. (as a 1k)

This was almost an insult, considering I missed the last train, and had to eat a night of hotel because I was past the cancel date, as well as purchase a second one night at NRT.

I was able to get to 1k voice and they generously offered to double the voucher to 100 dollars.

Pretty sad!
Originally Posted by PBAudit
On Jan 17, HNL-SFO Red Eye flight (in FC), my reading light was not working. While I expected to sleep, I also planned to read for an hour or two. I pointed out the problem to the Purser so they could write up a maintenance ticket and get this fixed as the next stop.

Later, I was surprised with I received a "We're Sorry for the Inconvenience" card. It had a web site and serial number to enter information about the flight.

Over the next few weeks, I tried entering the serial number but was unsuccessful. I finally emailed the information to United. They emailed me back, asking for details (i.e. why the card was given). I mentioned a broken reading light.

I received an email from United for a $200 certificate. I was quite surprised. I thought they may just give me an apology. If they did provide any compensation, I expected a token amount ($50) or some miles (2,500). I didn't expect $200, especially seeing what other have received.
talk about a contrast of experiences...