FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2-Months into new Skymiles Program, Depression Sets In
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:29 pm
flyerUSA

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The 2015 earnings rates (by status) were disclosed when revenue-based earnings were announced, now fully a year ago.

http://news.delta.com/2014-02-26-Del...mption-Options

DL had the new program/'14 program earnings comparison tool up for months, too. The OP has had plenty of time to figure out effects given his fares v. distances. If that changes the value proposition and his choice of carrier away from DL, so be it.
That chart is BS. Specifically, the "+2" they list for your credit card. As if this should be considered, in comparison to previous years, when the +2 has always been there and is not a new earning model.

Delta loves to restate things that you've always gotten, as some kind of new benefit, masking the huge cutback in mileage distribution. I'm waiting for their new promotion of "no more peanuts - but unlimited, free in-flight trips to the bathroom!"

See also: "Up to 75000 miles per ticket!" Total BS, phrasing a new cap - limit - restriction - as some kind of "plus". So obnoxious.

But to the OP's original point...I think you'll be happier if you look at airline loyalty for the other perks, not miles & free tickets. The reason I am religiously loyal is how well I am treated during the experience, compared to the herds: free bags, faster check-in lines, liberal rules about changing my flight, economy comfort seats....every little perk makes the day of flying far more pleasant. And I'm probably happy to pay for that...via an increased price of flying, as computed in fewer rebates of (devalued) redeemable miles.