FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:41 pm
PBAudit

Programs: UA GS
On Jan 17, HNL-SFO Red Eye flight (in FC), my reading light was not working. While I expected to sleep, I also planned to read for an hour or two. I pointed out the problem to the Purser so they could write up a maintenance ticket and get this fixed as the next stop.

Later, I was surprised with I received a "We're Sorry for the Inconvenience" card. It had a web site and serial number to enter information about the flight.

Over the next few weeks, I tried entering the serial number but was unsuccessful. I finally emailed the information to United. They emailed me back, asking for details (i.e. why the card was given). I mentioned a broken reading light.

I received an email from United for a $200 certificate. I was quite surprised. I thought they may just give me an apology. If they did provide any compensation, I expected a token amount ($50) or some miles (2,500). I didn't expect $200, especially seeing what other have received.