FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Design patent for the Club World seat revealed
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:54 am
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Personally I think this is quite an interesting design, but yet again the bed is only 72" (182cm for metric thinkers). I personally find this is just too short, and this new design suggests that unlike the current setup, there will be no extra legroom seats for those of us who are taller to take advantage of. If BA only pushed things to 74", but I know that would be too much to ask, leaving those of us who are taller to the likes of carriers like CX or AA. Even IB has a longer bed on their new product which whilst narrow seems to work for me very well. Figure 19 also suggests you might play footsie, but figure 21 possibly might offer additional legroom for those slightly taller (although admittedly not much).

The WTP seat described in the patent is very interesting and arguably a bigger change than CW. Good seat for single travellers, but could make group sitting difficult, especially for those travelling with elderly or children in the window rather than centre section. I guess you would need to sit diagonally across from your family in order to make this work if sitting near windows.