FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how strict is on easyjet on hand baggage size?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:59 am
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Just one thing I'd like to know: what about the 2nd hand luggage with Easyjet? I mean you're entitled to carry on board 1 hand luggage + 1 extra small hand lugagge?Do they check dimensions?
Not true, U2 operate a 1 piece only policy, no extra second piece (apart from an airport shopping bag in some airports), it is FR that now allows that. That said, you often see ladies handbags going on separately, apparently they are not a piece of baggage to some gate agents...

Originally Posted by KLouis
At FCO the gate agent didn't let me carry, in addition to a, size-wise legitimate carry-on, a really small computer bag*, although they allowed ladies to carry their purse, which were sometimes larger than mine! My complains (very polite) were answered in the sense of "if you don't like our decision you can stay here"!

* No more space than what was needed to cary a small Mac Air and its adaptors/power supply!
If they enforced the policy for everyone, including ladies' handbags (and presumably some "manbags"), you would have nothing to complain about, but not right to discriminate against your Mac!

If U2 adopted the same change that FR recently made to allow a small second piece, I would move a lot of flights to them (mostly from BA). I have a similar small laptop bag to you, but can't always get it inside my carry-on in addition to clothes. I would be happy to be forced to put the 2nd piece under the seat in front.