FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our ship rescued someone who fell off the ship
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:16 pm
pseudoswede
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SCGustafson
Swede,
Our experiences with dealing with food allergies on DCL has been amazing (5 total cruises, including one on Disney Magic). My wife is a Celiac that is also allergic to corn, peanuts, walnuts, tomatoes, and sesame seeds, so there is a lot she can't eat. The key is to call DCL and have them put the allergies in the passenger's reservation, then on the first night of the cruise, the head waiter will come to your table before ordering dinner and discuss options with you for that night. At the end of the meal, they will give you the menu for the next night and work with you on what items you want and how they can accommodate your allergies. They will also take your breakfast order at that time and set up where you want to eat it. Like I said, 5 cruises and no issues with my wife being able to eat or having any contamination issues.
Thank you for that. That is basically the same procedure we had when we cruised with Carnival.

Carnival took it one step further and even encouraged us to bring recipes and our own vegan products (cheese, butter, cake mixes) so that the kitchen could store it and cook with it when preparing Miss Swede's foods. We were absolutely blown away. Do you have an experience if Disney would be willing to do the same thing?