FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our ship rescued someone who fell off the ship
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:03 pm
SCGustafson

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Disney Magic.

Mrs. Swede and I recently watched a documentary about the 2013 dry dock, and we're even more excited about the cruise. We haven't told our kids yet.

We've been told that Disney Cruises are great at dealing with food allergies. We will see.
Swede,
Our experiences with dealing with food allergies on DCL has been amazing (5 total cruises, including one on Disney Magic). My wife is a Celiac that is also allergic to corn, peanuts, walnuts, tomatoes, and sesame seeds, so there is a lot she can't eat. The key is to call DCL and have them put the allergies in the passenger's reservation, then on the first night of the cruise, the head waiter will come to your table before ordering dinner and discuss options with you for that night. At the end of the meal, they will give you the menu for the next night and work with you on what items you want and how they can accommodate your allergies. They will also take your breakfast order at that time and set up where you want to eat it. Like I said, 5 cruises and no issues with my wife being able to eat or having any contamination issues.