FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Changi to City Center
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Not really. Not all taxis take credit card is correct. Some of the black taxis with yellow top dont. Some taxi drivers from other companies will tell you their system doesnt work. Dont depend on it.

Reasons behind this: Cash is king. Even more so for some taxi drivers. If you pay by cc they dont get the money straight away.
Some taxi drivers (especially the evening relief drivers) dont know how to operate the system.

CityCab/Comfort (blue or the yellow taxis) all dont accept VISA. Some of the drivers here too will tell you their cc system doesnt work.
Well the FD @ the HEX Clarke quay said they called the shuttle comp and they said they have nothing back to SIN for today. went downstairs and low & behold theres only a white MB not for me. Checked my emailm and then a Comfort cab pulled up. I asked him and he pointed to all the logos on the window that they accept and off we went.

It seemed as if he was heading the very long way, in the end that guy was great apx 12 mins to SIN total amount with the extra 10% for the CC and 50% night fee was 25.85 SGD. Had i gotten 40 SGD if thats even possible from an ATM I would have had to exchange $14+ at SIN and been left with some in my pocket. Im OK with using the CC and not having any SGD , not sure how much it would have cost to change back to USD so part of the $2.50 SGD i pd for using a CC is less then that in the end