FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA CFO Rainey on Bloomberg: Global First "Effectively the Same" as J
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:15 am
dkc715

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Originally Posted by cova
All you have to do is stand between GF and UA 2-4-2 business class on a 777 and there is a huge difference. When you look back from GF and see four men in the 4 across - it looks like 4 men in a king sized bed. UA GF is a decent seat - although not as good as some other international carriers.

The BF product, from CO, is good, but the density only gives you a small cubby hole for your feet. Again - not similar to GF.

What Rainey should be saying is that UA does not have the demand to justify a separate First product, but that UA is planning to introduce a new business class with all seats having aisle access (similar to AA's new J products).
I used to think UAs 2-4-2 was the least desirable config for biz class. Then last week I took Cathays 343 config from HKG to MNL. Talk about weird. 1-2-1, but the 1's have their backs to the window. And it was more like 5 men in an angled queen bed! I felt broad shouldered for the first time in my life. To each his own, but I'll take the UA 4 across config anyday over that.