FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK connection?
Thread: JFK connection?
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:58 pm
rmadisonwi

JFK connection?

Looking for advice, and the responses could be "Go for it, you'll be fine," "It's doable, but risky" or "You're outta your friggin' mind." Or something in between.

I'm hoping to take advantage of a mileage award to fly upper deck J on a 747/380, and have identified some LH flights that have saver space (and, to confirm, if I have my LH PNR from UA, I can call them up and get a seat assignment, right?).

Anyway, the only saver space I've found in the timeframe when I can travel (May, because I can't do anything sooner, and LH doesn't seem to release award space for premium cabins too far in advance) is to/from the east coast, but I'm west-coast based (YYJ, to be specific). LH400 has availability into JFK and it's scheduled in at 13:25. I'd probably have to buy a revenue ticket on UA (unless there's a way to do this all on one award ticket, even if I'm in Y for the rest of the journey), but there's a PS flight out at 15:40 to SFO (2h15 connection) that connects with the YYJ flight.

I have Global Entry, if that helps in going through customs/immigration.

So, is this a doable itinerary, or should I forget about it? If I misconnect, am I basically on my own for getting rebooked? Or will UA help, since it's a UA ticket connecting to a UA ticket?