FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Retention offers / annual fee refunds (all cards)
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:42 pm
quizzer25

Originally Posted by Efilon87
Not really a retention bonus of miles, but B of A waived the annual fee on my Hawaiian Airlines card for another year. They noticed I hadn't been using it in a very very long time, kinda surprised they waived it!
Originally Posted by robertw477
I called today on my Virgin Atlantic BOA card. I spoke to retention and they
changed to their travel rewards card 1.5 per $ dollar charged. I can use that for some things that make sense for me to keep it at this time. No offers made. Of course at some point I know I can probably get the card again anyway

Robert
Originally Posted by bribro
Called about the $75 AF on my BofA Alaska Airlines card this morning. Had great rapport with an agent who offered to switch me to either BofA Cash Rewards or BofA Travel Rewards card and refund the AF in the process. I asked for a fee waiver or miles to keep the AS card and he said unfortunately no. Said I'd think about it and call back.

Called back in the afternoon and played dumb, asking if there were any other BofA cards I could switch to because it wasn't worth paying the AF. Agent #2 said let me look into the AF, put me on hold then came back and said he could waive it for me. Took the offer since I have some AS flights coming up and can use the (temporary) free checked bags benefit and bonus miles. $5k in annual spend.

An agent for my BofA Alaska Airlines cards said I could get an AF refund if I close the account or switch to a no fee account within 60 days.
Which BOA number you dial to get retention offers or nice agents who can help with product conversion.

Last 1 week, I'm trying to convert Better Balance rewards to Travel rewards with no success. I keep hearing the BBR card cannot be converted to any other card.

Let me know tricks/tips for getting the best CS reps.

Thanks