FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:11 am
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by xenole
Are any of the LAX hotels walkable?
The CP website says it's 0.25miles from LAX but having walked from the TBIT to T1, I hardly believe that.

Flying into LAX in AA domestic.

If not, how do you go about getting a hotel shuttle? Seen loads of buses etc driving about but no real idea where pickups are, if you have to find a courtesy phone or what.
My home airport.

I don't think any of the LAX hotels are "walkable", not unless you really enjoy long walks pulling luggage behind you.

AA domestic arrives in T4, right next to TBIT, therefore any walk would be as long as walking from TBIT. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I'd take a shuttle.

When you exit T4, you'll notice there are two lanes of traffic. The lane closest to the T4 exit doors (ie the first lane you encounter) is only for taxi* and personal car pickups. You need to cross that lane and go to the pedestrian "island" and wait for the outer lane of traffic. That is where shuttle buses and long term buses pick up passengers. This is the main roadway that circles LAX. On the other side of that main roadway are parking garages. Stay on the "island", find the red sign and wait. There are some rather uncomfortable benches for waiting. When you see the shuttle for your hotel approach, stand up and wave at the driver to get attention.

Hotel shuttles pick up under the RED signs. See this map. You need to be really close to the red sign, or the hotel shuttles will ignore you.

Since I live here, I never take shuttles to LAX hotels. My suggestion to you would be to contact the hotel where you have a reservation and ask if you need to call them for a pick-up or if they make a regular circuit. Do so in advance so you'll have exact instructions.

*ETA: I'm not positive about taxis in the "personal car" lane. I never take a taxi, as MrQ picks me up or I get on the Van Nuys Flyaway. Green sign.